Friday, October 23, 2009

Pacific Poker Network Is Silently Emptying Idle Accounts

The other day, I logged into my Lucky Ace Poker account. I had $25 in there and when I logged in I only had $5. And there is no transaction history at Lucky Ace so I contacted their support. They said since I haven't used my account in 6 months, I have to pay an "administration fee at a rate of 10% of the balance in the account" every month until I log back in. And that I agreed to this in their terms like they expect every player to read the fine print..

At the end of the email, it said this: "David, at LuckyAcePoker.com, we believe in a warm welcome." Then they offer me a deposit bonus like I'm going to play there after they took my money, lol. I emailed them back asking for the $20 back but they haven't replied yet.





Anyway, had a little fun with the $5 and went all in first 8 hands. Won all 8 hands and $18:) Played a little more and made a big bluff (video above). I was pretty sure he was weak..He probably had a king. Going to cash out now.

Update: Turns out the entire Pacific Poker Network has this administration fee rule so I wouldn't play at any of the following pokerrooms:

LittlewoodsPoker.com
LuckyAcePoker.com
PacificPoker.com
PokerdomePoker.com
RacingPostPoker.com
RileysPoker.com
TowerTorneos.com

There is an interesting topic on 2Plus2 forums where Pacific Poker took $3,361.80 from one player. He eventually got it back but not so easy: Pacific Poker is silently emptying idle accounts.


Here are the emails between LuckyAcePoker and I:

That's what I call robbery. Why wasn't I contacted? I'm not going to play at Lucky Ace unless I get my $20 back.


> Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 01:44:18 +0000
> From: support@luckyacepoker.com
> To: david_david_3@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: [R] LuckyAcePoker - Forgot Password (KMM32093274I1819L0KM)
>
> Dear David,
>
> Thank you for contacting us, my name is Islyn a member support
> representative.
>
> David please be advised that should you not use your account for six
> months, your account is then considered a "dormant account". Hence the
> reason as to why now you have logged in the bankroll is now $5.00.
>
> To further explain the six-month period will run from the date of your
> last login to your account.
> In the case of a dormant account, the Company will charge a monthly
> administration fee at a rate of 10% of the balance in the account, on
> the date that it became dormant.
>
> David, the administration fee shall be deducted from the dormant account
> commencing from the last day of the sixth month in which the account is
> inactive, and occurring on the last day of every month thereafter, until
> the balance of the account has reached zero.
>
> In the event that you log into your account during the ten-month period
> during which the administration fee is charged, the Company will cease
> to charge the administration fee but shall not be obligated to return to
> you any monies deducted from the account at such time.
>
> This information is very explicitly stated on our Site User Agreement,
> to which you agreed when you ticked the "I agree to the Terms &
> Conditions" box at the bottom of your account registration page.
>
> I hope this clarifies this matter, and thank you for your understanding.
> On another matter, please too provide your date of birth to ensure your
> details are update correctly for record keeping purposes.
>
> David, at LuckyAcePoker.com, we believe in a warm welcome. That's why we
> hand you 25% of your Welcome Bonus instantly, before you even sit down
> at your first table.
> There will also be an EXTRA 75% waiting for you once you have
> accumulated the required amount of point . Click here for more details http://luckyacepoker.com/en-GB/playersclub/Promotion.aspx?promotion=WelcomeBonusâ„‘=WelcomeBonus.gif
>
>
>
>
>
> Kind regards,
> Islyn. P
> Member Support Representative
> support@LuckyAcePoker.com
> www.LuckyAcePoker.com
> *****************************************************
> Tell a Friend about LuckyAcePoker and earn $50. Visit
> www.luckyacepoker.com/taf now for more details.
> *****************************************************
> NOTE: Please do not disclose your password to any
> individual/organization claiming to represent or representing
> "LuckyAcePoker.com". If you receive any e-mail or phone call from anyone
> requesting you to provide your password, please report it to us
> immediately. Our Member Support Department is available 24/7 to assist
> you via e-mail at support@LuckyAcePoker.com
>
>
>
>
> Original Message Follows: ------------------------
> USER: geneyus1
> FULL NAME: David Bergeron
> Account Type: Money Play
> PHONE:
> EMAIL: david_david_3@hotmail.com
> Date of Occurrence: 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM
> Question/Comment: Hi, I received $25 free bankroll from bankrollmob.com
> but only have $5 in account now. Can you check account history please
> and thanks.


Bonuses:
- Free $100 Bankroll at Pokerstars
- Free $150 Bankroll at Titan Poker

0 comments:

Post a Comment