Thursday, February 5, 2009

Doyle Brunson Gambles with Death

Doyle Brunson is one of poker's biggest gamblers making a living off of his well thought out wagers. This time he has outdone himself by literally putting his life on the line and the ball in his court.


This all started when Mack Rawden wrote CinemaBlend's “100 Most Likely People To Die in 2009” and placed Doyle Brunson in 16th place with a 10% chance of kicking the bucket from obesity. If you've seen Doyle recently you would know that he has come quite a long way from his over 300 pound physique. He backs his reasoning for summoning this very peculiar bet;

Some clown who produces the, “Blend Celebrity Bucket List”, put the 100 most likely celebs to die in 2009. Guess who he had at #16? That’s right, me. To start with, I don’t consider myself a celebrity, so I don’t qualify. But, if I did, I sure don’t have any plans for kicking the bucket anytime soon and surely not in 2009. He should check on my family genes, both sides lived up into their 90’s. He should talk to my doctor and get my blood pressure results, my 140 reading on my cholesterol and the raves my cardiologist gives me on my EKG’s. He said obesity would cause my death. He should have seen me 5 years ago when I was 130 lbs heavier. Anyway, he said it was a 10% chance I would die. I would like to lay 10-1 for any amount if anybody knows this joker.

Doyle has already made a million by losing 100 pounds in one year. Known as the king of poker and prop bets, Doyle has taken on a 10 to 1 wager that he will live to see 2010. Doyle put up $10,000 to Mack Rawden’s $1,000 and both agreed to donate any winnings to the American Cancer Society. One of Doyle's poker friends will hold the bet. The possible list of trustees include; Jack Binion, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey, Bobby Baldwin, Jennifer Harmon and Mike Sexton. Doyle is currently 75, still betting for a living and now living to win a bet.

Talk about putting your money where your mouth is!

Free $100 Bankroll at Doyle's Room

0 comments:

Post a Comment