Sunday, June 8, 2008

Action Poker - Finally reached the 1100 Action Point Mark:)

Alright, so I reached the 1100 point mark today. I figured I spent $110 on rake, because $1 rake = 10 points and by getting back $50 its like 45.5% rake back which is pretty cool. Not to mention that they gave me $40 free to start so I didn't have to use my own money:) And the $40 is mine to keep, there is a cashout restriction for the $40 and that is 400 Action points which equals 100% rake back. Totally assume:) Only bad thing is there isn't a huge player base there and you have to play at least a $12 tournament/Sit and Go or you don't get pair any points. It should be like play a $6 tournament and get half a point but instead you get nothing. So my advice is stay away from the tournaments unless you're playing one with at least $1 rake.

Anyway, I had a bad start today. I was feeling good and playing good and that what counts. I was almost going on tilt but I told myself theres nothing I can do and they're just getting lucky. So I continued my usual style and being aggressive when I decide to play a hand but also playing more aggressive towards the tight players.

I lost 2 hands as I mentioned above. This one I thought I made it look like I have a flush draw but he makes a good call or donk call with JJ.

GeneYuss vs. SJ
This hand..Nothing much I can do. Can't really raise preflop unless I bet big and I don't want to gamble. I guess I should have reraised on the flop, thats where I went wrong but if I did that this time I'd lose another $10. I check the turn, scared of a flush but I also had the Q of spades so I was going to call a raise if not reraise him on the turn. I value bet at the end and he pot sizes the bet. Only thing that beats me is a King of spades or a full house, straight flush too but unlikely to have that so I call and see the bad news. He had $10 left so at least I saved $10. Would be tough to call if he bet $20 on the end instead of $10. Don't worry, I get him back a few hands later.

Ya, I got him good. I almost folded the river but decided the river bet was weak and sent out $15. Plus there was nearly $20 in there so it was a good gamble. If he calls me with ace 7 than I'd be sick.

Why is this guy betting 11 times the BB and another guy calling 11 times the BB? I thought they could have aces, kings, ace king. I also thought it could be a misclick raise and a donk calling so I send my $10 out there to find out. And I'm happy to see the raiser folding and other guy calling with king jack. Would rather they both call with jacks but QQs hold up so I'm happy:)

GeneYuss Vs. CS
I limp in because they are donks and queen high is most likely no good. Other guy did alright, raise 4x in position. What I don't like is that he bet pot size on the turn and committed himself to the hand. I was slow playing because they are short stacked and because I want them to hit their ace or king or whatever or get them to bluff at it.

This one I got lucky. One time:) This guy just lost 2 pots to me so I figured hes on tilt and going to give me $10 if I hit. On the flop I figure have a gut shot straight draw, over card plus if I hit a jack it might be good, plus a back door flush draw which will happen about 5% of the time. Turn, I only have 4 outs..But I don't know that and call, if he bets $2 I fold. River, my dream card and I stick it all in there. Hes on tilt and I believe he would call my over bet with a lot of hands.

GeneYuss vs. Condar
This hand, condor raised to $1.50. Its a big raise but I call because 10s might be good, I have position and if I hit a set than I'd most likely get his other $10(Position doesn't really matter if he bets big on the flop. So the chance to hit a set is 1 in 8. I'm getting something like 10 to 1 implied odds. So in the long run I would be up a little if he paid me off everytime he had an over pair (He's not going to pay me off everytime) so I was gambling and it paid off:) Condor didn't play the hand bad, nothing he can do.

Okay, Condar's on tilt. Stealing the 25 cents in blinds with $4 bullet showing 3,5 offsuit. He was bleeding money. Anyway, I pick up JJ on the button and do a standard raise. I was thinking of limping in and reraising Condar but decided raising is best. Condar, didn't play this hand terrible but I just played it better:) and position is king. The reason I don't reraise on the flop is because a lot of drawing hands have about 50% against my jacks so I decided to get the money in on the turn if a scare card didn't come. The bet on the turn by Condar looks like he doesn't want a call so I just put him all in.


Anyway, just got some tomato sauce from the corner store. Reheating my spaghetti and burnt meatballs..It'll have to do lol. Forgot to make a video instead of the screenshots. Will try tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment