Monday, June 2, 2008

Action Poker - I'm up to $27

Well, I went from $7 to $27 in 1 hour. Heres a few hands.

This one, I picked up ace queen. No value reraising and out of position too. So my choices were all in or call. Some what deep stacks so I call. I hit top pair with top kicker. Pretty scary flop so I just check. Than the raiser goes all in like he wanted us to hit top pair and we'd pay him off if he has kings/aces. I'm not falling for that so I fold. He showed aces, so I was happy. Plus he could easily have gotten a set or have king jack.

Very next hand I pick up 66. I limp hoping to hit a set and someone raises. Lot of callers so I call too cause so much money in there and getting good implied odds. I'm happy to see all in by the guy who just lost a big pot the hand before. I call only 2 hands that beat me and would be odd of him to over bet the pot with a huge hand. Insta-call for me, no other choice. Anyway, James79 said he had ace 9. I believed him.

Alright, this hand was the last of the night. You may think I played it bad and you may be right but I liked how I played it. macjac was getting on my nerves too, he was playing a little bit like a donk and out drew me on 3 hands before. One, was I flopped 2 bottom pairs, he had top pair no kicker and got a 6 than another 6 for a better 2 pair. Another hand I hit top pair and he hit bottom and than out drew me getting 2 pair with 2,3. And than another hand he kept betting so small, I knew he was weak so I raised big on river and he called with a total junk like third pair or something.

Oh well, at least I got this hand on him. I had position and I figured he would have to have a pair to call my reraise and I was only a 2 to 1 dog. Plus I was representing a pair. Plus, I had a back door flush draw and a back door straight draw and most likely a 9 or 10 would be good. I would be drawing pretty much dead if he had jacks but I doubt he would bet pot size on flop with jacks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment