Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another successful session at Action Poker:) - Nearly broke $300:)

Well, I'm up again today:) Thought I'd try a little 25cent, 50cent at the end of my session and it worked out pretty good. I was aggressive and when they played back, I had the hands. I won a bunch of hands in a row and ended my night there. Had a really loose table image and table image is very important. I would have had to tighten up if I continued playing which means money comes in slower.

Anyway, just thought about doing a video instead of listing screenshots..Maybe I'll try that tomorrow.

I had a hard time to decide whether or not to do a value bet here but I don't have much time to decide and I was playing 4 tables at a time. Most times when they check on the river it is because they are weak so thats why I bet(I figured he probably had a weaker queen, maybe even QJ).

I squeeze play a lot, maybe too much but its a very powerful move and opponents have a hard time to call it. Lets say 4 people limp in for 25cent. I raise to $1.50-$2 because there is already $1 in there and you usually want to bet 1.5 - 2 times the pot preflop(thats what I figure)(I seen Gus Hansen 3x the pot on Poker After Dark on every squeeze play but you don't have to bet that much). This squeeze play in the screenshot was a little different because every one was short stacked and I wouldn't mind 1-2 callers.

DoubleD played this hand pretty conservative. He could have raised preflop, on the flop and on the turn but he waits until the river to reraise. He scared me with the all in on the river but I was getting 3-1 so easy call.

Action Poker is crazy for the 2 outter on the turn. It should only happen once in ~40 times but seems to happen a lot more than that. I'll take it, its only fair..Happened enough times against me. He was smart to save his last $3, I bet pot size instead of going all in. I think $7 looks a lot better than $10 but he would have called anyway.

Okay, lets bring out the big guns

Standard raise from the button. I was playing aggressive so the other guy should really raise with his ace queen. Hit my dream flop and do a continuation bet. I get reraised. I have 2 choices now, call or raise. No draws out there so he could have something like second pair which I wouldn't want to scare away with a reraise. So I call and give him a chance to bluff at it on the turn if he doesn't have it. I would most likely bet on the turn if he didn't. He bets and "it was like music to my ears" - Johnny Chan. lol.

Just burnt my meat balls..:( And out of pasta sauce..Oh well, just made a sandwich instead.

So anyways, back my hand histories. Heres the last hand I'll show.
Back the Truck Up! - Phil Gordon. lol:) I liked how I played this hand and stifler didn't play it too bad himself. I had a tough call on the river, he could have a flush, a 6 or over pair plus he could have bluffed if a scare card came. The river was a pretty nice card to see...I waited til the timer was at 1 second to call. I was getting nearly 3 to 1 on a call at the end.

stifler made an alright move by min raising preflop and taking control. "Poker is all about control" - Tony G. I guess he didn't continuation bet is because scary board all hearts. By the way, if you're out of position, its a good idea to bet pot size or close to pot size because your opponent will have a hard to bluff or make a move on you later in the hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment