Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Continueing Pokerstar's Challenge

I'm finally continuing my Pokerstar's Challenge. I've been a little sick and having internet connection problems. Anyway, I played about 400 hands and up $30 which is not bad.

My Pokerstar's cash Game Results

My Pokerstar's cash Game Results


I seem to be playing good but I'm not enjoying cash game very much.. I'd probably have more fun if I move up to NL50 but I think I should play some more hands first. I've thought about playing sngs again or moving to limit holdem or trying out omaha. I don't know, we'll see.

Here's a couple hands:

I pick up king queen of clubs in the big blind, small bets preflop and on the flop. I check on the turn because it is 3 handed and if I bet right out after calling the flop than it is going to look obvious that I have a flush. So I check hoping player #3 raises, player 1 calls and than I'll reraise but unfortunately he checks behind. River, is a 10 of hearts. I was actually not hoping for a 10 of clubs to give me a royal flush because than there is no way I'd get paid off with 4 clubs on board. Player #1 bets out weak on the river, probably a blocking bet and has 1 pair. I raise anyway hoping player #3 reraises with a smaller flush. He pushes all in, player 1 folds and I have the nuts so I obviously call:) He shows a straight and I collect a $40 pot. I think the check on the turn made him believe I didn't have a flush but he should not have raised on the river and should have just called.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed)

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) ($36.30)
UTG ($44.20)
MP ($20)
CO ($25)
Button ($19.95)
SB ($11.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Kclub, Qclub
1 fold, MP calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB bets $1, Hero calls $0.75, MP calls $0.75

Flop: ($3) 8club, Aclub, 7Diamond (3 players)
SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50

Turn: ($4.50) Jclub (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($4.50) 10Diamond (3 players)
SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $3, MP raises to $18.50 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls $15.50

Total pot: $42 | Rake: $2.05
Main pot: $42 between Hero and MP, won by Hero

Results:
Hero had Kclub, Qclub (flush, Ace high).
MP had 9Diamond, 8Heart (straight, Jack high).
Outcome: Hero won $39.95

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Hands later I pick up k10 on the button. I want to raise preflop but decided to play small ball poker. On the turn, my opponent bets out weak and I put him/her on a drawing hand like 89 or j9. Instead of going all in I put a value bet. River is an alright card, a lot of hands beat mine but I'm getting 3-1 on a call. So I call and my opponent shows 7,9 for second pair..He/she played it terrible...That's one reason why I hate playing deep stacked, opponents make huge bluffs..Makes me want to try limit holdem.


PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed)

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (Button) ($56.15)
SB ($44.30)
BB ($25)
UTG ($19.95)
MP ($9.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with KHeart, 10club
1 fold, MP calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($1) 10Heart, 7Spade, 2Diamond (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.75, 2 folds, MP calls $0.75

Turn: ($2.50) 2Spade (2 players)
MP bets $0.75, Hero raises to $3.50, MP calls $2.75

River: ($9.50) 8Spade (2 players)
MP bets $4.60 (All-In), Hero calls $4.60

Total pot: $18.70 | Rake: $0.90
Main pot: $18.70 between Hero and MP, won by Hero

Results:
Hero had KHeart, 10club (two pair, tens and twos).
MP had 9club, 7club (two pair, sevens and twos).
Outcome: Hero won $17.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statistics;
Today: +$30
Bankroll: $1040
Silverstar Status for April: 380 of 1200 VPP

$100 Free at Pokerstars - Click Here For Details

0 comments:

Post a Comment