Friday, April 24, 2009

Poker Challenge +$167 Today - Best Day Of Poker Yet

So I had a good today, I'm up $167. Bankroll: $1223. I was up $220 but had 2 coolers where I lost with a flush to a full house then the next hand I lose with an over pair to an idiot end gut shot who hit on the turn..That put me on extreme tilt; steam was coming out of my ears! lol.


It would have felt a lot better losing then winning instead of vise visa. It reminds me of this Gus hansen video, he lost 1.1 million then won 1.1 million and he felt great even though he just broke even.



So, I was playing at 3 NL25 tables and someone came to the table and said he reads my blog and that my $0-$10k Challenge is an inspiration to new poker players. That made me feel good:) I told him I would visit his blog but I didn't get a chance to write down his address because Pokerstar's chat only has like 5 lines of chat before the previous lines get erased and I was a little busy playing some hands. I remember his name, keion. So keion, if you're reading this, you can post your blog in the comments.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some hands:

This hand turned out well I think I got the maximum but I don't know if I should be playing it like this everytime. Like maybe I should be raising a little more on flop so it's not a pot size bet on the turn.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed)

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($25)
UTG ($47)
MP ($15.25)
CO ($15)
Hero (Button) ($31.20)
SB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with KSpade, Kclub
UTG bets $0.75, MP calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $3.75, MP calls $3.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($14.70) 6Diamond, 10Heart, 4Heart (3 players)
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $6, UTG calls $6, 1 fold

Turn: ($26.70) 3Spade (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $20.70 (All-In), UTG calls $20.70

River: ($68.10) 2Diamond (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $68.10 | Rake: $3
Main pot: $68.10 between UTG and Hero, won by Hero

Results:
Hero had KSpade, Kclub (one pair, Kings).
UTG had 10Diamond, KDiamond (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero won $65.10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice river. Could he have avoided going broke, probably. He played his hand passively and playing out of position is always harder.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed)

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($14.55)
Hero (UTG) ($24.75)
Button ($42.80)
SB ($20.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with QDiamond, ADiamond
Hero bets $1, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.90, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.25) 10club, JSpade, 8club (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $1, SB calls $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($6.25) 5Heart (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($6.25) KDiamond (3 players)
SB bets $5, Hero raises to $20.25, 1 fold, SB calls $13.90 (All-In)

Total pot: $44.05 | Rake: $2
Main pot: $44.05 between Hero and SB, won by Hero

Results:
SB mucked Kclub, JDiamond (two pair, Kings and Jacks).
Hero had QDiamond, ADiamond (straight, Ace high).
Outcome: Hero won $42.05

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww man, I was hoping he had an over pair. Actually I was hoping he had ace king and calls but unfortunately he folds. There's no point in slow playing and just calling the $1.5 flop bet. The pot is small and he showed strength preflop and flop. Plus he seemed somewhat of a good player so he proabbly knows that it is likely that I missed the paired flop and that I could be trying steal the pot in position.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed)

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) ($23.40)
UTG ($17.20)
Button ($33.50)
SB ($51.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6Diamond, 6club
2 folds, SB bets $1, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) 6Heart, 10club, 10Heart (2 players)
SB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB raises to $12.50, Hero raises to $22.40 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $27 | Rake: $1.30
Main pot: $27 returned to Hero

Results:
Hero didn't show 6Diamond, 6club (nothing).
Outcome: Hero won $25.70

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This hand is kind of funny. I really shouldn't semi bluff with a flush draw out of position against bad players but it worked out.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed)

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($25)
Hero (MP) ($29.70)
CO ($8.70)
Button ($14.95)
SB ($26.95)
BB ($26.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7club, 10club
1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold, Button bets $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.85) KSpade, Kclub, 5club (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $1.25, Hero raises to $4, Button calls $2.75

Turn: ($9.85) 6Diamond (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $5, Hero calls $5

River: ($19.85) 7Heart (2 players)
Hero bets $7.25, Button calls $5.20 (All-In)

Total pot: $30.25 | Rake: $1.45
Main pot: $30.25 between Hero and Button, won by Hero

Results:
Button mucked 6Spade, 5Spade (two pair, Kings and sixes).
Hero had 7club, 10club (two pair, Kings and sevens).
Outcome: Hero won $28.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statistics;
Bankroll $1223
Silverstar Status for April: Need 746 of 1200 VPP

$100 Free at Pokerstars - Click Here For Details

2 comments:

  1. WOW great runs you had 6 handed. Way to go on moving your bankroll up a few more hundred. That is such an inspiration to a Bronze Level(Short Bank Roll).

    I like how you played pocket kings on the button even though that was a hefty preflop raise. Both could have easily folded the huge over bet and you would have taken down a measly $1.50 =). Overall Well Done!

    LOL @ AQ Suited. Very well played once again. Great starting hand i feel it ended with the perfect river for you. Two pair is a great sucker hand for a call especially if the player cant put you on holding a straight. Very Well Disguised I must say.

    Pocket Sixes Flop a Boat.. Well those cards speak for them self LOL.. I think you may have been able to get more money out of that small blind player but no telling what he was raising with. Great all in raise after the re raise bluffs LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keion,

    Kings hand, we were deep stacked and I didn't want to give them good odds to call. The pot was $2.60 and I usually raise 1.5-2 times the size of the pot.

    Pocket 6s hand, he probably had 2 over cards. I thought there was a better chance he would call my all in bet on the flop instead of on the turn.

    Anyway, goodluck on your poker challenge.

    ReplyDelete