Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Reached Silverstar Status on Pokerstars - Pokerstars Challange Day 30

So I made it to the Silverstar VIP club on Pokerstars. Finished off the day strong, +$78.80. 3 sessions/3 days of cash game so far, no downswing on day 3 which was good.

Reached Silverstar Status on Pokerstars - Pokerstars Challange Day 30
Lately, I have been playing more of a passive strategy preflop and then aggressive post flop when I think I'm ahead. Seems to work against maniac players.

Here's a few hands;

I played a bunch of hands against one guy, jwelzant. He was playing pretty loose, 40% of hands at a full ring table. I usually play under 20% but I am finding I really don't like full ring games. I was playing 4 handed a little and really enjoyed that. Anyway, here is one hand that made jwelzant tilt lol. Lucky for him a spade did not come.

Jack 7 Suited on the button - On the river jwelzant bets half the pot, I'm getting 3-1 odds to call, board paired, his action looks like a busted draw so I call. He starts flaming the the chat box and saying it was obvious he had a 4 and that it was a value bet and how I'm going to go broke. I reply something like "You mean Value Bluff lol".

Set of Sevens - Here is another hand with jwelzant. I was hoping to hit a set or I'm done with the hand. No 7 on the flop but someone min bets .25 so I call. 7 comes on the turn. Two outter!! One time:) I check hoping the guy at least min bets again. Luckily he bets, another guy calls than jwelzant reraises. I wasn't expecting that action but I have to reraise. I reraise to $4.75, jwelzant calls. He checks on the river and than I push all in for a pot sized bet hoping he would call thinking it's a bluff. He starts swearing in the chat box and uses all his time bank then folds. Oh well..He said he thought I had a set or was bluffing so it wasn't a bad bet. He than starts bluffing every pot and he losses something like 4 buy ins for ~$100. Unfortunately I didn't win one of the pots.

Ace Queen - I call a triple barrel with ace high. If he had a jack that would have put me on tilt. He was super loose that's why I called him down.

Anyway, here is part of the email Pokerstars sent me; Congratulations! You have achieved SilverStar VIP status...This entitles you to the following rewards:

- 50% FPP Multiplier - you now earn 1.5 FPP credits instead of 1 FPP credit
- SilverStar VIP Store access - choose from new and exclusive merchandise in the SilverStar store
- $500 Daily VIP tourneys - 3 x a day - 10 FPP entry
- $20,000 Weekly VIP tourneys - Saturdays at 14:30 ET - 100 FPP buy-in
- $100,000 Monthly VIP tourney - last Saturday of each month - 130 FPP satellites available

I have to look in the VIP store but I'll probably use my FPP points on tournaments.

Statistics;
March 30th: +$78.80
Bankroll: $828.45
Silverstar: Accomplished
Pending Bonus: 40.9% (1227 of 3000 FPP)

Try a $100 free bankroll at Pokerstars

3 comments:

  1. Nicely nicely been following this a bit congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog well done. Fish on tilt is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, thanks for the comments:)

    The challenge should be a lot easier to complete playing cash game.

    ReplyDelete