Saturday, April 11, 2009

I reached $1000 mark on Pokerstars - 7th Day of Poker Challenge (52% Complete)

Alright, my internet connection hasn't been great lately. I'm on a wireless connection and it gets disconnected sometimes. I've lost some pots due to getting disconnected and that got me on tilt but nevertheless, I'm playing the best poker I've ever played.


One of the important things I noticed in cash game is table selection. Pokerstars is the biggest pokerroom and has very nice selection (There's like 50 NL25 tables). The first thing I do is I look for the biggest pots per table than when I enter the table, I look for stacks that buy in for less than the maximum. If they do not buy in for the maximum then they tend to be not the best players. Right now I play 3-4 tables of NL25(maximum buy in of $25), 6 max tables and I try to look for at least 2-3 stacks that are between $5 - $20.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my graph for the total 7 days of cash game:

I reached $1000 mark on Pokerstars - 7th Day of Poker Challenge (52% Complete)
The green line is total profit, blue is $ won with showdown, red is $ won without showdown. I like that the red line is finally going into the positive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few hands:

This table is overly aggressive. Most of them playing 40-50% of the hands and raising and reraising. So I'm trying to play small ball poker at this table, trying to keep the pot small until I have a big hand. Anyway, I get 4,5 of diamonds and limp in. Button raises pretty small, big blind and I call. Decent flop for my hand, open ended and back door flush draw. Button continueation bets pretty small, like half pot so I call. Turn is a great card, I go for the check raise here. He bets $3.50, at first I was going to raise to $9 and try and get some value but for some reason I just knew he had a set and I didn't want to get outdrawn. So I push all in and I'm hoping for a call. He calls and he hits one of his 10 outs, something like 20%. Can't get my money in much better then that.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed)

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($13.60)
Hero (MP) ($42.55)
Button ($28.10)
SB ($25)
BB ($4.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5Diamond, 4Diamond
1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, Button bets $0.75, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) 7Spade, QDiamond, 6Heart (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $1.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.85) 8Diamond (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $3.50, Hero raises to $31, Button calls $22.60 (All-In)

River: ($57.05) 7club (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $57.05 | Rake: $2
Main pot: $57.05 between Hero and Button, won by Button

Results:
Button had 6club, 6Spade (full house, sixes over sevens).
Hero had 5Diamond, 4Diamond (straight, eight high).
Outcome: Button won $55.05

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just won the last 5 or 6 pots in a 5 handed game. I have position, a decent hand and it's not much to call. Not a bad flop, I'm hoping I'm not out kicked. I have a back door flush draw that I'll hit 5% of the time if I make it to the river. So I call his bet, big blind folds. On the turn, he bets pot for $5, I insta call. I figure I'm probably behind but if I hit a diamond than I'll stack him. On the river, he folds when he could have just checked which tells me he was bluffing and didn't want to show his bluff. If he fired a 3rd barrel I think I would have folded.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed)

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($25.35)
UTG ($25)
MP ($59.60)
Hero (Button) ($44.15)
SB ($15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9Diamond, ADiamond
1 fold, MP bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) 2Diamond, 5Heart, Aclub (3 players)
BB checks, MP bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 1 fold

Turn: ($5.85) 6Diamond (2 players)
MP bets $5, Hero calls $5

River: ($15.85) 2Spade (2 players)
1 fold

Total pot: $15.85 | Rake: $0.75
Main pot: $15.85 returned to Hero

Results:
Hero didn't show 9Diamond, ADiamond (nothing).
Outcome: Hero won $15.10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew he had a set when he raised me that much on the river and he is a nit too but I can't make world class lay downs yet:) Plus it's low limits so he could have had QJ or something.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed)

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($10.35)
Hero (UTG) ($47.20)
MP ($25)
Button ($29.50)
SB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with KDiamond, QHeart
Hero bets $0.75, MP calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.85) QSpade, 4Heart, 5club (2 players)
Hero bets $1, MP calls $1

Turn: ($3.85) AHeart (2 players)
Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($3.85) QDiamond (2 players)
Hero bets $3, MP raises to $10, Hero calls $7

Total pot: $23.85 | Rake: $1.15
Main pot: $23.85 between Hero and MP, won by MP

Results:
Hero mucked KDiamond, QHeart (three of a kind, Queens).
MP had 4club, 4Spade (full house, fours over Queens).
Outcome: MP won $22.70

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statistics;
Last 2 days: +$120
Bankroll: $1010
Silverstar Status for April: 332 of 1200 VPP
Pending Bonus: 52% (1559 of 3000 VPP)

$100 Free at Pokerstars - Click Here For Details

1 comment:

  1. Is this what you do for a living? Either way, very nice..

    ReplyDelete