Friday, March 20, 2009

Doyle Brunson Challenge

Doyle Brunson has issued a mixed game challenge to anyone willing to accept his terms.


On his blog Brunson says:


I’m getting old, there is nothing I can do about that, but I’m still willing to play anybody “Doyle Sez”, where I can name the game and change to another game when I want to. If any of the internet stars, that don’t play live, want to play, I’ll give them half their money back if they lose if they play 8 hours a day for a week.

The only problem with Doyle's challenge is that he has not listed the type of the games he can choose from. Doyle has mentioned that Patrik Antonius is interested and Patrik would like to know the list of games. Doyle says he will provide a list but he has not updated his blog yet.

Part of the reason Doyle issued this challenge is because a lot of people are saying the new generation of poker players are better and more experienced than the old generation. For example, Tom 'Durrrr' Dwan is only 22 years old (playing for 5 years) and has already played more hands than Doyle Brunson, age 75 and over 50 years experienced. Doyle has a hard time to believe this but Doyle can only play about 30 hands live per hour whereas Dwan can play 500+ hands per hour multitabling. Another reason is because poker articles and videos are are so easily available and nearly every top pro has his/her own instructional site.

These young kids have taken it to a new level... Nowdays, you have to pick your spots to bluff and you try to trap the over aggressive players... If you watch these games closely, you’ll see a lot of the guys, kids mostly, making plays strictly because they are on TV. Any professional poker player would certainly be wrong to shoot it out with the maniac players...The old time poker pro's could make minced meat of today's kids.

His particular gripe seems to be with anyone disrespecting the old time players, an issue that first arose when Layne Flack questioned Doyle's tournament accomplishments.

I just feel I can find a game against anyone that I can beat them at. I know this means I’ll have to play heads up, which I hate, but I can’t back down now. :)

-DB

Free $100 Bankroll at Doyle's Room. ( U.S.A and Canada Only )

0 comments:

Post a Comment