Monday, March 2, 2009

Phil Hellmuth Put To The Test By JC Tran

In Phil Hellmuth's latest blog entry, he talks about a hand he played with JC Tran at Premier League Poker last November.

Check out this three minute video of a call that I made vs. JC Tran in November in London in the "Premiere League," that allegedly has poker forums worldwide buzzing--especially the poker forums in Europe.
Here is my statement to the forums on why I made the call:

"This was a call that I made based purely on my instincts. The flush hit, the ace was on board, and the only reasonable hands that I could beat were 7-6, 7-5, 6-5, and 5-2. I noticed that my reading ability was on that week, because of the fact that we had a green room where I could go out after I was finished playing and ask the other players, "What did he have this hand?" Or, "What did he have that hand?" As I was told the answers, I noticed that my instincts were on, and I decided that I would have to trust them more than ever the rest of the week. Of course, the thing is, I knew that if I was wrong, then I would look like an idiot on television worldwide! But i trusted my instincts, and I made the call."
Free $100 Bankroll at Full Tilt Poker

0 comments:

Post a Comment