Sunday, March 15, 2009

Playing Good, Running Bad - Pokerstars Challenge - Day 13

I've moved back down to $5 sit and gos a couple days ago since I have lost ~$100 at the $10 ones (I was up $120 than down $100). And now currently sitting at $631. I think I found what I'm doing wrong, I started playing too loose. So to make me play tighter, I started playing 8-10 sit and gos at once. And it worked. Only problem is I get action on every hand I play and it is only a matter of time before I see bad beats. So I don't like playing the $5:)


Things started out good, I made $25 in the first session but in the second I lost 8 big hands in a row where I was the favourite. I always get my money in good but the problem is the antes and fast rising blinds reward the aggressive players and that really isn't my style. So I'm contemplating on whether to continue or change the type of sit and go.



Jacks - What is going on in this hand? I hate playing with these guys..Hyper-aggressive style..I guess that is the style for the worst to beat the best.

Trip Jacks - I have a wireless internet connection and it cut out on the flop for about 20 seconds. Fortunately (unfortunately) I reconnected with 2 seconds left and I checked-raised. Pushed turn because I thought the had an ace for 2 pair. Unfortunately he hit runner, runner flush.

Ace Queen in Position - I can't believe I hit a nice flop against so many bad players. I knew he had a flush draw with that weak bet so I pushed all in...And he makes a terrible call.

2 Pair - I hit 4s and 8s on flop, bet 2/3 pot then pushed turn. Opponent hits river. I'm not too unhappy with my opponent's play but I've played these hands prefect and got my money in as a favourite everytime and lost 8 huge pots in a row..Just sickens me..

I feel kind of like Phil Hellmuth and I remember one speech he gave on Poker After Dark about him being on another level than his opponents. How in life, there is a ladder with 30,000 pegs and how everyone is on a different peg. Phil Hellmuth being on the 20,000 peg. Anyway, I feel I am on a much higher peg than the players I play with and therefore I should move up limits.

Standings;
Pending Bonus (FPP Points) = 442 of 3000
Silver Status (FPP Points) = 418 of 1200

Bankroll $631

Free $100 Bankroll at pokerstars

0 comments:

Post a Comment