Friday, March 6, 2009

My Pokerstar's Challenge Day 3 and 5

Alright so I was playing on March 3rd and I was doing okay. I reached $720 and thought maybe my luck changed from the other day. Than I lose 5-6 huge pots in a row and I lose $50-$60. The last hand, I had 10s and I couldn't believe the guy called with jack 4 offsuit..That got me in a bad mood and I quit for the day. In fact, I took March 4th of too lol.



I found out Pokerstars has lowered their VIP Club requirements so to become Silverstar, I would just need 1200 points in one month instead of 1500. So I decided I will split the 3000 points I need into 3 months; 1200, 1200 than 600(possibly 1200 if another reload bonus comes out or if Silverstar is worth it). Goldstar is now only 3000 points. I thought about getting Goldstar but figured it is a little hard and I won't have a bonus to work off next month.

Anyway, March 5th I just played a few sit and gos and changed my strategy a little bit. Like trying to steal the blinds once every rotation and avoid calling raises/all ins unless I have a big pair. I am reading Phil Gordon's Little Green Book and right now I'm on a chapter about stealing blinds. Gordon says you should try to steal the blinds 4 times in 3 rotations but depends on the how fast the blinds move up. If they do not respect your raise than Gordon suggests rereaising loose players. By stealing pots preflop, you are going to increase your stack without getting bad beats.

My Pokerstar's Challenge Day5 Graph
I'm playing $10 Turbos and finding I'm not killing the sngs like I did on Poker770. I think the main difference is Pokerstars has a little bit tougher competition and Pokerstars has anti's which makes players play looser and therefore gamble more often.

One hand; Kings Vs. Ace Jack - Why do they play so terrible :( First, he should not raise that small out of position, then he should fold to a reraise and then he shouldn't put all his money in on a draw.

Free $50 Bankroll at Poker770

0 comments:

Post a Comment